TR6 Brake Lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6packlist@mfasco.com
Subject: TR6 Brake Lines
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:02:41 -0400
Fellow listers,

I've embarked on a project to replace the brake lines on my 74 TR6. I
ordered a "made to original" set from Classic Brake and Tube. When I
received them, I noted that they were "dropped" into a large box for
shipment.

Over the last week I've been installing them, most of them fit great.
However  I've had some problems with the two largest ones, those that
connect to the rear brakes. I've spoken to Classic about these two
lines, I think they were bent in shipment. No problem, they have agreed
to re-do them.

My question is for those of you who have replaced the lines that run
beneath the car. How did you get the old brake lines out?  It seem these
lines run parallel to the fuel and cannister lines along the frame rail.
Mine are secured with clips, some riveted to the rail, and the fuel
lines are atop the brake lines. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6
Painesville, Ohio