Re: SU Carbs

To: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 10:17:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Make sure that the shoulder on the needle is level with the bottom surface
of the piston - if it is below the surface, you will always run too rich.
Also, make sure that the jet is truly centered.  With the spring removed
from above the piston, the piston should drop under gravity and you should
hear a "clunk" when it hits bottom.  If it doesn't do thius, the jet is not
centered and you will run rich.