changing the look...

To: "Michael, Bill" <bmichael@cdicorp.com>
Subject: changing the look...
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Michael, Bill wrote:

> I believe you could evaluate changes to the looks of your car by getting
> your photos developed to a floppy disk and then editing the photo with Adobe
> PhotoShop or even Adobe PhotoShop Lite that comes with most scanners. You
> could also scan an existing photo and make the changes there.

Yes, and with a bit of wizardry with the color palettes you can 'repaint'
your 'car' in an instant.

However, my Grand Scheme is to have a program whereby the car has been
programmed in as a vector set or wireframe (instead of a bitmapped
picture, as found in a scan of a photo).  Then it would be rendered by the
computer, instead of just displayed.

Then you could (say) put a monster hood scoop on the car, minilites, 17"
slicks, a spoiler and (what the hell) a big shark fin on the roof.  And
'walk around' the car to look at it from different angles.

CADD programs let you do this.  Not all of us want to plonk down the $1500
plus that you gotta pay... and it takes a bit of time to digitize /
wireframize a car.  And as this project will be done on my spare time- the
time currently occupied by Triumph TR4 welding- it's going to take a
while.

OTOH I now have a pretty good idea *exactly* how to assemble a TR4.  So
making a computer mockup should be fairly simple ;-)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm