Re: TR3 Tie Rod End & Silentbloc Bushing Replacement

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Tie Rod End & Silentbloc Bushing Replacement
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:28:26 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I just did this last night, and used a slightly different technique. To remove
the silentblocs, I used a large bench vise and some appropriately sized
sockets. I lined a deep oversized socket up over the end of the silentbloc, and
a socket sized to push on the bushing on the other end. Put it in the vise and
tighten, and the silentbloc popped out. Using the same technique, I installed
the new ones. No press required, and total time on the bench for removal and
installation was 15 minutes.

I havent driven the car yet, but given the condition of the silentbloc attacked
to the steering box arm, it should make a huge difference in handling.