[TR6] Fitting Datsun 240Z Al-fin drums

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR6] Fitting Datsun 240Z Al-fin drums
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:14:40 -0400
A fairly recent Grassroots motorsport article (on their web archives at
<http://www.grmotorsports.com/boneyard.html>) suggests that aluminum finned
brake drums from a Datsun 240Z is a worthwhile swap.  Is the advantage
merely better cooling? Are the finned aluminum drums significantly lighter?
The article also mentions the Datsun drum centers have to be bored out.

I know from my dad's experience with T-series MG's that the Al-Fin drums
for them are very pricy.  The 240Z drums are cheap enough that it seems
every Datsun 510 being driven competitively has them on.
---
Ted Stevens
stevens@erols.com