RE: break in oil

To: riumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: break in oil
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <ktkenyon@borg.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:17:08 -0400
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Dave,

I assume that you are not a professional machinist and are therefore doing
this guy a favor by working on his motor.   It may be HIS car, but you have
a reputation to keep up.  After all, if your engine "rebuild" goes bad
after only a handfull of miles, who will be blamed, you or the owner?

My advice?  I've never rebuilt an engine but I have heard much about
"leftover gunk" from the rebuild process.  I would suggest that you do what
you feel comfortable with yourself, and remember this experience the next
time someone wants you to do a complete engine rebuild for them.

At 10:43 AM 6/10/99 -0500, Craig Smith wrote:

>Dave,
>
>You have to remember one thing,
>
>It's HIS car !

Kirby T. Kenyon