Thanks for "shelf help"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for "shelf help"
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 08:01:48 -0700
Thanks to all who replied and participated in the "Workbench and Shelf
Building" discussion.  I'm still pondering the options, and certainly I
think I'll end up building at least a bench, if not the shelves.

As for the shelves... I work in the Printing & Mail department at a local
community college and last summer I had the "pleasure" of having to erect
in our department some old discarded bookshelves (very heavy-duty) that
came out of a remodel of the college library.  We use them now to store
reams of paper.  Anyway, they've still got a bunch of this shelving lying
in a pile up there and although I will have to make some adaptations to
make the stuff work, I think it might very well be my best bet.  This
shelving is designed as "double-sided"... and if I'm gonna put 'em up
against a wall, I don't need the other side!  But, the gears are turning
and I think I can figure out how to eliminate the one side and still tie
the thing in structurally to the garage so that it'll be sufficiently
sturdy.  I'll find out Monday if they'll let me take some of that stuff.

I priced lumber and other stuff at Home Depot here in Bend... (It just
opened here last week!) and, well, I doubt I'll have the budget to build it
all myself.  That stuff... especially plywood... REALLY ADDS UP!  Yikes!

Thanks again for all your kind suggestions and advice!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6