RE: Workbench and shelf building & stuff storage

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Workbench and shelf building & stuff storage
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, John E. Allen wrote:

> Now.. I started my work shop 23 years ago, and we had a baby. I saved all

Wow, you made a baby in your work shop??  I usually stick to wooden and
metal projects.

Erm, never mind, don't answer that.

> of the baby food Jars for small parts storage containers. They are small,
> and when the drop they break. I have now standardized on peanut butter
> jars. They are plastic and they are five times as large. However, my wife
> insists on buying what is on SALE. The problem is that Jiff, and Skippy jar
> tops are not interchangeable. I have almost lost the battle on insisting
> that we buy ONE kind of peanut butter, I don't care which one!!! But stick
> to one so all of my storage containers are the same, and the tops will be

Around here there is a plastics store that sells blow-molded plastic jars
(look a lot like plastic Mason jars)- They're not as easy to justify as
peanut butter, but they are pretty cheap for what you get.  I think you
can get a bulk discount too.

I bought one for a catch tank for my radiator.  It's held up fine, even
with all the shaking and heating my TR4 does.

The store is Industrial Plastics & Paint (guess what they specialize
in...)  They have a web site at:

http://www.ippnet.com/

and are located in Victoria, BC, Canada.

-Malcolm