Re: TR6 wheel centers

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: Re: TR6 wheel centers
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 19:10:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Day.John@fin.gc.ca wrote:

> Hi, Brian. I've seen that treatment before myself (I think with black
> centers), and like you say it may depend on the overall colour, but the
> effect (like that for TR2 wheels which were painted body colour) it is
> striking. Remember also that the 'trim rings' were a North American
> addition, whereas the UK cars generally went without the additional 'glam'
> treatment. Provided the steel wheels are uniformly rust-free, they look
> quite nice by themselves (see the Piggott 'Original' books for yourself).
>
> Cheers, JD

Yes, John, very similar to the early TR's - maybe that's why I liked it so
much.  One
thing I always like to do with my wheels is to paint the silver as a gloss
instead of
a satin finish.  It is much easier to keep clean - especially brake dust from
the
front discs - and the glossy surface adds just a bit of shine so the wheels
look extra
good either with or without a trim ring.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars