RE: Battery peculiarities question

To: "John Cowan" <jfcowan@earthlink.net>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Battery peculiarities question
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:06:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
John, they're kinda' absurdly expensive (from Moss anyway, but what isn't?)
but those "Optima" batteries seem exactly what your looking for. I think
they're a dry cell type, no acid ect. They do look funny, bright red I
think. Perhaps they're available from another source?

Some classic bike guys now build their own dry cell batteries for very
similar reasons. Shelf life, long inactivity, rough environment, ineficient
charging, ect...

The hot setup would be to get an old "tar-top" case, gut it, and put some
drycells in there!

Chris Lillja
'66 TR4A
'74 Norton Commando 850