Re: Thanks, and new request

To: bdstinocher@sewsus.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks, and new request
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:19:40 EDT
bdstinocher@sewsus.com writes:

> I have a new one for you. I am going to replace the fuse "box" in my 250
>  (three inline busbar type fuses) with one that uses mini-fuses. I want to
go
>  about 6-8 fuses in the box. Spent some time in my local junkyard today
>  looking for a small fusebox, but couldn't seem to locate anything in the 30
>  mins I had for lunchtime. So, any suggestions as to a make/year of more
>  common car that might work? Any help appreciated.

I don't offhand know of any car that you could get them from, but you can buy
new ones from the various auto electrical supply houses. I am looking at a
Ron Francis Wire Works catalog, and they have them for $9.00 each (1997
catalog, so they may be a little higher now). They hold four fuses each, and
interlock so you can gang as many of them as you need to get the required
number of fuses. I would recommend doing this, rather than buying from the
junk yard. Lucas ain't the only electrical stuff that goes bad with age!
Plus, the ones from the junk yard will be pre-wired, and probably not the way
you want them to be. You will probably have to make splices - not a pretty
sight.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/