RE: phasing a drive shaftq

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: phasing a drive shaftq
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:50:04 -0400
Brad,

The yokes on the driveshaft are supposed to be _parallel_ with each other.
This is true of most cars except, I think, the trans am?

It is easy to dial-in the setting.

On my car, there was a vibration from an unbalanced/bent shaft
that somebody tried to dial-out the vibration by mis-phasing the
yokes.  The idea was to create an opposite vibration to cancel out
the problem.  Didn't seem to work too well.  Had demolished a U-joint
when I got it.
-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: "phasing" a drive shaft

Listers, I can't find any of the references that I thought I had saved on had
to "phase" a drive shaft.  Can anyone inform me (again!) how this is done?

TIA

<