Re: HELP: low rpm hesitation

To: paddyfm@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: HELP: low rpm hesitation
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:42:44 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< my 64 tr4 hesitates, misses, sputters, occasionally has a small backfire
from the carb(s) from a dead stop
 i either have to rev her or ride the clutch or both
 the carbs are tuned and once moving she runs like a dream
 any ideas would be greatly appreciated could it be a bad plug (s)?
 thanks in advance >>

If the carbs are not suspect, check the points, condenser and coil. My 64 was
running rough under load a while back and couldn't figure it out. Turned out
to be the coil! Had always thought coils were pretty much a yes or no kinda
thing.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B