Re: "phasing" a drive shaft

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "phasing" a drive shaft
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:52:13 -0400
Brad Kahler wrote:

> Listers, I can't find any of the references that I thought I had saved on had
> to "phase" a drive shaft.  Can anyone inform me (again!) how this is done?
>
> TIA
>
> Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
> My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/28/99)
> My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)
>
> 1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
> 1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
> 1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
> 1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108

Brad,

The driveshaft is phased properly when the ends are in the same plane.  IOW if
you can
lay the driveshaft flat and the yoke on one end is perpendicular to the table,
then
the other end must also be perpendicular.  This is easy to visualize if you
have the
flanges off the other side of the U-joints, but if they are still attached,
take a
minute and look only at the driveshaft itself, not the flanges.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars