Clutch Fork

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Fork
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:30:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I got into my clutch last night, and tried to take out the fork that
moves the throwout bearing. True to Moss' warning in the catalog, the pin
that holds the fork to the rod is broken off. Problem is, I it broke off
right after the threads, and I can't get the fork over, because of how it is
situated in the housing,  to see down the hole that it goes into. Question:
Is this pin tapered? Is there a hole in the rod that this is to go into, and
is it tapered (I assume it is, but want to make sure)? Anyone else have this
problem, and how did you get the remainder of the pin out (again, I have to
assume this is true because Moss said it is prone to occur, but I'm not
sure)?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan Stinocher