Damper Oil, GL4, and bad Capacitors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Damper Oil, GL4, and bad Capacitors
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
Was at my local LBC place the other day and they carry "Penrite Damper
Oil for SU and Stromberg" bought some and it seems to do well though I'm
only running in the driveway right now so who am I to tell.
My local Super Trac (Pep Boys type place) carries gallon (and quart?)
containers of Sta-Lube (CRC) Hypoid Gear lube 80/85 GL4 for just under $9
per gallon. I know TRF gives some hype about it only being available in 5
gal cans...guess what?
Anyway, I don't want to turn myself into some sort of retail distribution point
but if some of you need help getting these items and need them real bad,
give me a holler.
Bought the infamous bad cap today. Changed points, cap, rotor, wires,
plugs, and coil today and don't you know it, won't start!!! Put the old, and I
do mean old,cap back in and she fired right up.
Andy D