Aha !

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aha !
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 21:15:21 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Matters fuel injection started to receive my earnest investigations today -
cossetted in "Canley Girl's" boot (trunk). There seem to be some owners who
feel moving the fuel pump to the RH side well is a cooler location. Fact or
fiction? Yes, I know on the LH side it is right above the exhaust rear box
but was exhaust heat such a perennial problem? I don't recall that it was
but maybe those brain cells have gone for ever.
Anyway, I think one DPO thought it was, because what do I find but 12 5/16th
holes drilled in a neatish pattern in the floor just aft of the pump.
Whether this was to let cool air in, hot or cold water spray in or out - or
just a mobile home for adventurous maggots is open to some conjecture.

John Mac

Book 1: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
Book 2: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus
Triumph Over Triumph magazine: http://www.cyberware.co.uk/~chips11