O-rings RESOLVED

To: Scions of Lucas <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O-rings RESOLVED
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 19:57:00 -0500
Cc: "'Six Pack List'" <6packlist@mfasco.com>
After much perseverance, there is a source for the sought after O-rings.
The story so far..
     Taking the seat frames from a tr6 apart to renew them to working
order, the CO (current owner) discovers that the O-rings that allow the
seat to slide have virtually disintegrated. Searching the local jobbers
he finds nothing remotely close to the part he needs. He then does a
search on the net and finds that a company here in New England called
Marco Rubber & Plastics has a stock O-ring that is very close to the
original specs.Got them yesterday and assembled the seat slides today,
works great.Marco does do small orders and accepts major CC's. Item# for
a TR6 is AS568A-311 and the material is "Buna-N".This material is a
firmer durometer than the originals but does not seem to effect the
operation of the slides. I paid $1.60 each (ouch) but it is still MUCH
cheaper then a new seat slide from the big three.
                                 Marco Rubber & Plastics
                                  PO Box 189
                                  334 Clark Street
                                  N. Andover, MA 01845
                                  1-800-775-6525
                              http://marcorubber.com
I have no financial interest in this company, but was impressed with the
customer service.
Another Triumph mystery solved. Now my wife will be able to move the
drivers seat forward, on second thought, anyone wanna buy 16 O-rings?
;^)
Thanks to all the listers who offered their thoughts and ideas on the
thread as there were some good leads.
Thanks again
Tim Hutchisen
CC57787L 1971 TR-6