Throttle and vac

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle and vac
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:32:42 +0100
Cc: 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Hi, all,

I've just been playing with my PI again and a couple of queries spring
to mind.

I have an early system (no idle screws). To set it up, do you balance
the flow readings by holding the revs up with the main throttle stop
screw on the countershaft? The book says to balance each butterfly pair
with the idle screws but that's a bit tricky when you've got none.

Also, at 750 rpm, the engine is holding a slightly unsteady 16in. Hg
vacuum. Is this right? It's rather more than the 12in. mentioned in the
tech pages.

Yours, Puzzled of York (Dave Hill)