[Fwd: Any Bleeding Suggestions-it runs]boundary="------------2BA853BE238

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Any Bleeding Suggestions-it runs]boundary="------------2BA853BE238D462A3DBD4BD0"
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:31:28 +0100
Cc: 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
--------------2BA853BE238D462A3DBD4BD0

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:27:57 +0100
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
To: Andrew Thompson <ajt@expmining.com.au>
CC: triumphs, 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any Bleeding Suggestions-it runs

Hi, Andrew,

I've been speaking to Mike Pumford again and it looks like the springs I
have are aftermarket. Following a great deal of thought and Mike's
advice, I've decided to send the MU in for new,correct springs, a new
vac diaphragm and calibration; the PRV can also be calibrated at the
same time.

I'm not one to be defeated by a job but in this case, my MU has been
tampered with in the past and was never properly set up to the new
springs. Someone had also festooned the vac pipes with a collection of
clips, clearly in an attempt to consolidate the vacuum.  Add the
diaphragm leak and the unknown quantity of the PRV setting and you have
a stack of interacting problems which could easily cause me months of
hassle. The bottom line is that I have the opportunity to have the
system calibrated on a Hartridge unit. Since the injectors have already
been done, setting up the MU and PRV as per factory means I will have
eliminated any maladjustment and undetected problems in the entire
system.

I'll be doing this after the MOT test, so that I can show the car at the
end of May.

In the end analysis, had there been only a single, or perhaps two
problems, I would have set the unit up myself. However, even Egil's
splendid hints on linear measurement for the datum track couldn't cure
the rough running and it's possible that there may be some other problem
which will show up on the Hartridge rig. Perhaps most usefully of all,
Pumford's will produce a report indicating exactly what the problem is
and, as promised, I will detail the whole job on the list when I am
happy with Tamara's performance.

Cheers,

Dave Hill.