Help!- TR8 driveshaft/rear end noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help!- TR8 driveshaft/rear end noise
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:13:28 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry if you already received this, but I thought I was subscribed to the
list, but wasn't:

I just bought a TR8 and the problems have started!  My car has less than
20,000 miles on it, but . . .

The EGR valve is faulty I discovered when trying to get it smogged.

There is a rumbling noise coming from the rear end (or driveshaft?),
especially on deceleration. At first I thought it was tire noise, but since
it seems worse on deceleration, it would seem like it's something more
serious.  Has anyone run across such a noise?  If I have 3rd member
problems: does someone somewhere rebuild them?  Or are wheel bearings a more
likely suspect?  Can failing driveshafts cause rumblings on these cars?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Don Scott

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/