valve seat screwup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: valve seat screwup
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:09:09 EDT
<<This has me really bummed.   I thought that I was doing the right thing by
having the valve inserts done.  I have taken this week off to reassemble
the car and now I am stalled.   The machine shop guy is on vacation in
Disneyland with his family and won't be back until Monday the 26th.  But
unless he rips out the exhaust seats and redoes them... if that's
possible... I'm stuck.   I could have my backup head done instead.... but
that has other problems.
Anybody seen this problem before?   Any advice is welcome>>
Brian,
Sorry to hear this bad news but thanks for sharing your experience...it is a
reminder that we can't be too careful with who helps work on our LBCs. I'm
not sure the following info can help but TR Revington in UK phone 01823
698437 says: "when the rocker gear is installed, the rocker motion should
result in the rocker being at 90 degrees to the pedastal at half lift. To
achieve this, the pedastal is either raised with shims or the underface
machined off. This exercise will invariably result in the push rod ball pins
being out of adjustment , requiring different legnths push rods. We therefor
offer the following to correct this situation:
item RTR1189 TR2-4A tubular pushrod standard length 260 mm
item RTR1190 TR2-4A tubular pushrod length 257 mm
item RTR1155 TR2-4A tubular chrome moly pushrod length 253 mm  "
Good luck on this,
Carl
'644 TR4 since '74