Re: O/D Question

To: Jochen Saal <Jochen.Saal@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: O/D Question
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:07:32 +0100
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net, josa@force.de
Jochen

I used an A type overdrive from a TR 2000 in my TR4 and had to change
the accumulator spring for a stronger one to increase the oil pressure.
This spring can become weak with age anyway and the Moss catalog advises
that it is replaced to improve the overdrive engagement.  If you talk to
Moss in England, then they will advise you on which spring to fit.   It
will cost about  20 UK pounds to buy.

If the gearbox was connected to a spring  clutch then you will need to
shorten the front cover extension sleeve (where the release bearing
slides over) down to 2 inches for a diaphragm clutch.

 --
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)