Re: GT6... or, what???

To: Benny Gillros <benny@hgo.se>
Subject: Re: GT6... or, what???
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:50:37 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Benny Gillros wrote:

> Please could someone help me finding out a problem? I own a completly
> rebuild Triumph GT6 -67, but the id-number is KC25540.
> Someone told me this not is a correct number for a GT6 -67 - is this right -
> or what car is it?

Benny, does it appear as KC 2554 O on the Commission number plate? If so,
that number indeed could be correct for a 1967 Triumph GT6.  Perhaps that
last 0 (zero) is actually an upper case O (letter O)? That would indicate
that the car was equipped at the factory with an Overdrive transmission. I
will also assume, from the number given, that the car is right hand drive?

For some GT6 commission number listings and information, check out
<http://club.triumph.org.uk/prefix1.htm#GT6> from Club Triumph,
<http://amicale.com/spitfire/serial.htm#GT6> from Amicale Spitfire, and
<http://personal.cfw.com/~hsgentry/page1.html> from Sam Gentry's GT6
Database. That last one can help somewhat in showing how commission
numbers match up to model years.

--Andy