Changes are a brewing (Long boring and non LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Changes are a brewing (Long boring and non LBC)
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:37:31 -0500
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Listers,

Due to the ever evolving nature of my job it appears that some major
changes are just over the horizon.  If any of you have bothered to take the
time and look at my web page you might have seen my reference to
Johnston Island. I spent quite a few years working out there and left in July
of 1996.  However another job opening has been posted and I've decided to
take it.  This isn't 100% certain at the moment but its approaching about
90% right now.  The only thing standing in my way at the appears to be the
National Security Agency check and thats just a formality.  When you've
lead as squeaky clean a life as I have there's nothing to find!

Assuming that I accept the job it appears that I would be flying out that
way sometime in the first week of May.

Anyway, the job will keep me overseas for 8 weeks at a time and then I
would be on paid vacation for 2 weeks.  Current plans are to do a one year
tour and then maybe do something like semi-retire.

In a way one of the things I'm going to miss is the daily interaction of these
lists.  I will however be able to digest during that period so I'll at least be
able to keep up with events somewhat.

In the long run I might even be able to work on my cars more because of
the 10 weeks paid vacation a year that I would get.  There are pros and
cons to this job but it was coming down to a choice of me being relocated
to Denver or looking for work else where.  I lived in Denver for 12 years at
one point and it is a nice place but as I've gotten older I've found that
living
in the more sparsely populated areas of the country is more to my liking.

Once things are finalized I'll let you know whats going to happen.
Assuming things go as planned I won't be able to make Carlisle this year
either.  I think someone or something is trying to keep me away from that
place!  Oh well, there is always next year!!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/9/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108