TR 6 carb adjust/ radio speakers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 6 carb adjust/ radio speakers
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:33:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm not sure about this but I believe when you do the lift test on the
pistons (this same thing the lift pin on an SU carb does) the carb linkage
between the two units should not be connected, although I'm not sure why it
would make a difference unless you are also trying to balance air intake.

Years ago, I stuffed surface mound Pioneer speakers up under the dash in the
foot wells and put two more on the rear shelf, held in position whith velcro
strips.  The speaker wires to the rear speakers have in-line plugs, making
the speakers removable (and able to be stowed in the trunk/boot ).  Sound is
OK but I have found that the modern radio I put in has too much bass built
in, giving that annoying "thump thump" sound.

Ron