Re: TR6 Speaker Size

To: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Speaker Size
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:25:24 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Just got back from several Stereo Shops, ie, Circuit city ; looking for
>speakers for my TR6. If I did my measuring right, the factory speaker
>cutouts ( center Dash) size is 4 inch diameter. I was told by the salesman
>that I should buy 5 1/4  round speakers. They look big ? My car is not with
>me now, and I have no way to measure it. Opinions Please.
>Thanks,
>Phil Smith <smith007@mindspring.com>

Phil -

I too have been haunting the stereo shops looking for a decent 4" speaker
to fit in the existing holes in my 69 Malibu ragtop - I found some Polk
Audio two-way 4" units at the Good Guys Shop in Marina del Rey, CA that
sound real nice for 4 inchers. I found that the 6" speakers sound a bit
better and the 6x9" even sound better but I would rather lose a little base
than cut up the car.  If you are a real bass junkie, they also have a mini,
self amplified sub woffer that will fit in the boot if you can't hear the
thump over all of Snoop Doggie Dogg's yellin' at yo' bitch and dissin' dat
or dating dis or whatever.  The 4 inchers work fine for the jazz and
classical or bluegrass that I listen to anyhow.

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA