Diff. Leak Part 6 Getting ugly.

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diff. Leak Part 6 Getting ugly.
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:52:43 -0400
Hi Folks,
OK, you've convinced me that it (the back end) needs replacing.
This looks like a job for grown-ups.  I mean, it looks heavy for one thing.
 And this is a job you don't want to mess up, if you know what I mean.
Hmm, do you thing I could do this on my own?  I'm really tempted to pick up
the phone and get it towed to the LBC shop.  I've been working on this car
since Christmas and I think I'm getting burnt out - this latest episode
really took the wind out my sails.
Then again, if one puny guy could do it on his own, maybe I"ll give it a
try.
Last year I replaced the differential (the inside stuff, not the whole axle
deal) on my Midget - that wasn't so bad a job, kind of like a heavy duty,
grimy wrestling match under the car for 50 minutes.
Anybody got a rough idea of what a good used back end for a TR3A goes for
these days.  Please let me know before I go calling around.  (In fact, if
you have one and live near Raleigh, NC let me know)
 Thanks,   Adrian