Re: TR4 Door Windows

To: KAVONKLU@defrees.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Door Windows
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 22:17:35 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I have a question for Ken -  are the window glasses new ?   I ask this
because I bought two new ones for my TR4 and they would not align
properly.  A few years later I read an article in the TR Register
magazine ( I need to look this up) which said that all side window
glasses were made to the later TR5 (TR250) pattern and so were a
different profile to the TR4 ones, but that is all that is available.
The way to cure the problem apparently, is to remove the X shaped parts
on the winder mechanism and make a cut in one of them (not all the way
through) which effectively allows the arm to be shortened. You then put
the mechanism back in with the glass and wind up the window to the top.
By bending the arm with the cut in it you can then get the correct
adjustment. It is then a case of securing the cut with either weld or a
plate to fix it in position (careful if you are welding)   I have yet to
try this out, and would need to look at the article again to be sure of
what I am doing !
--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)