Vibration @1500 RPM

To: Truimph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vibration @1500 RPM
From: gknight <gknight2@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 23:03:01 -0400
Listers, my 73 tr6 has a pretty bad and seems to be gettin worse
vibration that is strongest @ 1500 rpm's. below that you notice it a
little and above that it smooths but is still there. Is 1500 a
problem/magic number?  an umbalanced flywheel has crossed my mind. how
much would one notice if timing was off say one tooth? would it cause a
vibration (almost seems to be a slight miss associated with the vibe).

the timing chain im sure has a lot of slop or maybe the tensioner is
broken. to replace the chain i figure i'll need to remove the rad,fan
and extension and i'm thinking about also taking off the hood (bonnet)
just to allow better access.

ideas, suggestions..... before i tear into it

thanks in advance

gary