RE: TR3 diff leak. Part 2.

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 diff leak. Part 2.
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:57:49 -0400
Message text written by "ryoung@navcomtech.com"
>If it were me, I'd go ahead and drop the diff cover before doing anything
else.  If it was locked that solid, and came loose with a bit of jiggling
on the flat bed, something is VERY wrong.<

Randall,
You are right.  I should pull off the cover and take a look.  What's
putting me off is the 1/4" layer of greasy road grime that needs to come
off first!
I have to wait for the new seal to get mail ordered so I will go ahead and
take a look see inside.
BTW, I can grab hold of the threaded end of the pinion and move it sideways
about 1/16".  Is this bad?

Regards,  Adrian