Re: LBC discovery/for real!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC discovery/for real!
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:20:12 EST
           Hi list,
                    That is a funny story, but I have a real one for you.....
Two years ago a friend of mine who owns an auto salvage yard asked me to have
a look at some cars that were in a lot he bought to expand his business. He
said he thought that the cars were like the one I was rebuilding. I went over
to the place and realized that it was where there had been another salvage
yard that specialized in british cars! I had actualy bought parts from them
years before, but the owner had become increasingly hard to deal with and I
stoped dealing with them. When they went out of business all those cars were
left there to rust away under the trees. There were about 10 GT6 bodies and
about the same number of Spits. There were at least 10 MGBs an MGA, a couple
of austins, a Fiat Abarth! with a few Volvo P 1800s mixed in as well as a few
others. Needles to say all those years under the trees filling up with water
( untill they rusted through ) degraded the bodies to the point that there
was nothing much of value left....a pitted handle here and a crusty chrome
strip there. It was all very, very sad. Most of the glass had been removed or
broken long since. I couldnt even find a piece of the firewall I needed to
fix my GT. I remembered some of the cars from the last time I had been in
there and they hadnt even been moved! So of course all the poor things were
picked up with a front end loader and dumped into trucks and taken to the
recycler. This story is sad, but true and its the second time I have seen
somthing like this happen. The first time my dad and I bought the whole lot!
Another story.....

PLB3