TR6 4spd to OD xover

To: Bill Hofmann <bill@flextrim.com>
Subject: TR6 4spd to OD xover
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:44:13 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Bill Hofmann writes:

>Hello all!
>Would any of you talented LBC guru's know what parts are required to put
an
>OD trans into a 4spd TR6.

>I assumed (there's that word again) that it was the driveshaft, mount and
an
>angle drive on the speedo but am told that the driveshaft is the same on
>both.

>I have purchased a rebuild unit from Victoria (less cover and tail piece?)
>and should be receiving it shortly and would like to be prepared to
install
>it.

>THANKS bill@flextrim.com

Bill,

I take it form your commission number that you have a J-type OD on order.
Believe it or not but there is no difference in the driveshaft.  The OD
trans is
no longer than the non-OD model.  There is a bracket used to adapt the
non-OD unit to the transmission mount which is designed for the OD unit.
You can remove this bracket and stow it away with the non-OD transmission.

You will need a right angle drive for the speedo cable (which you will
reuse).

Other than that all you need are the OD switch, escutcheon, relay and
wiring.

Write back when you start the job and we can help you through it.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3
71 TR6