Re: Beware shipping costs MOSS UK

To: Andrew Miller <amiller@JetForm.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beware shipping costs MOSS UK
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:03:31 +1100
I have had the same problem and will only use Moss UK when I have
absolutely no alternative.  They seem to go out of their way to use the
most expensive shipping available.  With my last order (by email) they
acknowledged that they they had the items in stock, but when I asked what
the shipping alternatives were, they ignored all further enquiries.

When I received a faulty part and asked (email again as I recall) what they
wanted me to do (send it back at their expense or wait for them to arrange
pick up/exchange), I received no response until a replacement part arrived
a few weeks later.  I the interim, I had no idea what, if anything, was
happening.  Not the greatest people to deal with.

By contrast, TRF contacted me because they were concerned about the
shipping cost of my order.  They suggested that I might wish to drop the
heavier items.  They also investigated surface shipping for me.  Concern
about your customers' interests represents real service.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U