ALTERNATOR QUESTIONS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: ALTERNATOR QUESTIONS
From: HMENTZEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:45:54 EST
I have just installed a rebuilt Lucas alt. in my 79 Spitfire. I found what
looks like a condenser with a blue wire mounted to the engine behind the alt.
but above the oil filter. Questions - What is it?   Where is it supposed to
connect?
(under the plastic cover on the back of the alt?- if so on what connection?)
I adjusted the alt belt so that there is about 3/4 of an inch play in the
middle of the longest distance between pulleys. Is this correct? I'm getting a
squeal
at certain rpms . Could the belt be too tight or loose?  Pulleys seem to line
up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Hans Mentzen
79 Spitfire (yet to be named)