Re: stanchion plates

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stanchion plates
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:11:39 EST
Hi Ken,
I agree that it would be a nightmare trying to adapt the scuttle to fit the
pre 60000 windshield assembly (with the pre 60000 adaptor plates included).

If you're right, then I DO have the wrong stanchions and plates. What to
do.....what to do.

The stanchions are at the platers already. I could try to put a hold on it and
get over to Carlisle and see what's there, OR I could just Dremel the wire and
pins making a flush plate on the scuttle side like I mentioned earlier in this
thread.

Just to recap.......your stanchions are flush on the scuttle side (no slot),
and your adaptor plates are just pieces of FLAT metal with holes that line up
with the stanchion and are cut to fit the profile of the stanchion at the
base, right?

Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN 3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398 L