RE: Vicky brit

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vicky brit
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:52:31 -0800
One good thing about Moss & TRF : Their prices are NOT "subject to change
without notice".

My biggest complaint about Moss : They don't always tell you which cars the
add-on parts will fit.  For instance, their spin-on oil filter adapter will
not fit pre-TS12000 TR3 & TR2, but their catalog doesn't indicate this.
 When I bought one, and complained, they promptly sent me a different one,
which didn't fit either.  The second complaint produced only "Well, a lot
of people have the later filter heads on the early engines."  (I solved the
problem by putting a later filter head on my early block.  Moss did offer
to return my money since it was their fault the part didn't fit.  However,
there have been two updates to their catalog since, and they still haven't
fixed the problem!)

I didn't know VB had catalogs for the earlier cars.  I've just requested
one & will try them out !

TRF also has kits, usually at reduced prices over the individual parts.  I
ordered the body mounting kit last year and am pleased with it.

BTW, legally you are still supposed to pay CA state sales tax on out of
state mail orders.  I've never heard of them trying to collect it from
individuals, but some people pay it out of intimidation (my previous
employer did).

Randall