Re: ???????????rear springs TR3a

To: shang@sonet.net
Subject: Re: ???????????rear springs TR3a
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:01:03 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/26/99 2:53:42 PM EST, shang@sonet.net writes:

<< Hello everone,
   I have a question concerning the leaf springs of my TR3. I am rather
 inexperienced about TR's in general as this is my firsttime to own one, let
 alone try to restore it. Currently in the midst of disassembly, all the way
 to frame, getting ready to sandblast. While removing rear axle and springs
 I noticed a spacer of about 1/4" between axle and spring on passenger side
 only( drivers side axle sits directly on spring). Is this the way it is
 supposed to be , or do I have someting wrong?Thanks in advance for any
 help.
 Shannon Cole
 59 TR3 ts61895 (that needs help) >>

Tr4's had a spacer on one side, TR3's do not. Don't know offhand which side
nor the wherefore's of this spacer on the TR4.
Perhaps a DPO trying to correct a sagging spring? If the springs are off you
could try comparing them side by side. There's some info in Bentley's on this.
Keep in mind, if you think at all they may be suspect, now is definitely the
time to do it. Not an easy task after the body & wings are on.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4