Re: TR6 Brake Pipes

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Pipes
From: Gary Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:16:58 -0500
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Scott Suhring wrote:

snip

This weekend I bent the pipe to match the original (I must say I
did a good job for a first timer) and low and behold the new pipe
was exactly 2" longer than the original, thus not allowing for a fit
to the flexible hose coupling.  I spoke to customer
service today and they consulted with Dave. I gave them the
measurement of a straight new pipe (yes, I bought 2 just to
be safe) and it was 18 1/4".  They checked the stock and indicated
that this was correct and that they have been buying these for years.
The suggestion I was given was to add a larger bend to take up the
extra 2".
--------

Scott,

I'm currently replacing all my brake lines with a Moss kit and I've
found all of them are about 2" too long as well.  Causes one to become
creative wrt where to hide the extra length.

Gary
digest
'75 TR5 Undergoing Remanufacture