RE: TR2 seat(s) needed

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2 seat(s) needed
From: "Mark Gendron" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:22:20 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Mark Gendron'" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
I have been exchanging mail with Phil Pattengale on this topic, and Phil
suggests
that this could be a TR3 seat. I was not aware that the TR2 and the TR3 used
nearly
identical seats, but Phil is correct about this.

I re-read the notes in the TRF catalog. They claim that the TR2 and TR3
seats differ
only in the passenger side tilting on the later seats, and in the use of
white piping
on the TR3 seats. The factory parts catalog confirms this; frame assembly
#900427 is
listed for both sides on the TR2, and for the driver's side on the TR3. So
if I can
find another driver's side seat (TR2 or TR3) then I should be all set. I
suppose I
could also weld up the tilt mechanism on one of the later passenger-side
seats.

Phil mentioned that the holddown clips for the bottom cushions were not
included on
the early seats. My seat has the clips, but it also has matching piping. So
what I
appear to have is a late TR2 seat, with clips having been added sometime
during
the TR2 run.

The vinyl portions on my seat are upholstered with the metric weave
("checkerboard")
material. The piping is also made with the same material! The seat facings
are leather.

So. . .who would like to sell me another TR2 or early TR3 seat?  :-)