Re: Oil Spill Removal

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: Oil Spill Removal
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 18:37:24 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Dave Terrick wrote:

> Tri Sodium Phosphate (T.S.P) is one of the nastiest grease removers
known to
> man.  Often only a tbsp per gallon is needed for wall washing, etc.
>
> In high concentrations it is designed for such duties as floor grease.  Wet
> down with the main mix, then slop some crystals straight on.  An hour with
> the occasional scrubbing will get enough of the grease out that you can even
> paint over it.

I use a stable broom to scrub TSP onto concrete.   (Apply TSP, apply
water, scrub.  Lather, rinse, repeat).  And I wear rubber boots.  Worked
real nice on the big oil slick my brother made on the sidewalk, although
you could still tell where it happened due to the *really* clean spot ;-)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm