Re: TR6 Water Pump Question

To: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: TR6 Water Pump Question
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:38:21 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Guys,
        The hole is there for when (not if) the water pump seal leaks to lessen
the chance the bearing grease will wash away and allow the pump to sieze
causing collateral damage. You're correct that the pump works fine, but
when it doesn't it wont. Water pump seals (mechanical seals) will "weep" at
times. The seal face wants a little lubication. If you get bored some
evening, turn the pump around just to ease your mind. YMMV   Peter C
(still without one of life's little triumphs)