Re: Going to live in England!

To: Yelobullet@aol.com
Subject: Re: Going to live in England!
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:57:03 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 Yelobullet@aol.com wrote:

>    As most of you know, I'm an Engineering Consultant in the Aerospace
> business and am working down here in Phoenix, Arizona.  The company I'm
> working for,
> Allied Signal Engines, has decided to send me to work on site at British
> Aerospace in Manchester, England.  I will be starting there on February 22nd
> and will return sometime in late May.

  Watch out for manchester, it's kinda like detroit up there but without
the cars..hang on it's exactly like Detroit!

>    This is a fantastic opportunity, not only career-wise, but also to
> experience another culture, not to mention the incredible golf!  Granted, the

 Get ready to struggle and wince at the manc accent, watch out you don't
stray into Liverpool. The scouse dialect will have you in an asylum
before you know it!

> shipping it
> for the duration had crossed my mind!  A couple of Brits in my office
> recommended against the idea.  The thought of having the TR "knicked" (sp)
> was enough to change my mind.

 I'm not sure there would be too much threat of the TR being 'nicked',
swiped,taxed,cadged,ripped-off, or simply stolen. As long as it was
garaged,alarmed, stop-locked, immobilised and you weren't in Moss side
or 'Little Ireland' then it might survive! I have relations in
Warrington and they haven't been murdered in their beds ..yet.

>    My list sign-off date will be Feb 20th, so if you'd like to send me email,
> make it quick!  I'd like to hear anyones thoughts.

 you are well set up for visiting the lake district and North wales,
both gorgeous places as long s the weathers good!

  Tra for now, Johnny