Re: Triumph TR-6 gearbox question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph TR-6 gearbox question
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:22:05 GMT
On 12 Feb 1999, bollen@ibm.net wrote:

> It is very hard to do these boxes correctly so they last.

Is it?

I re-did my box about 10 years ago. Since that, it has only seen 10 years
of daily driving, so I can't be really sure it will *last*, of course.

But IMHO these boxes are very straight forward and simple as gearboxes
go, and they are pretty strong as well.

If there is nothing in particular wrong with it, just the usual worn
synchros and noisy bearings, then I would suggest just replacing synchros
(1st and 2nd, at the very least, although I would have done all 4) and all
bearings and seals. An pleasant afternoon spent for any gearhead.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway