TR3A electronic ignition update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A electronic ignition update
From: "Fansher" <fansher@bitstorm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:06:15 -0500
Much thanks to Art Kelly and Chris Lillja for their information on Ignitor and
Crane
electronic ignition units.  The Ignitor does mount totally under the
distributor cap with
only one extra wire coming out of the distributor.  But the Ignitor does not
fit on the
DM2P4 TR3 and early TR4 distributor.  It does fit on the 25D4 later TR4
distributor.  They
come both in positive and negative ground units, I'm making the switch to
negative ground.
I talked to Stewart at Custom Spares in New York, 914-923-2525 he found me a
used 25D4 and
sells the units - I should be up and running (better?) next week.  I just like
the idea of
having everything hidden under the cap.  This with the Apple rebuilt carbs and
the TRF
rebuilt steering should be really better.  I might just keep this car!  I have
had her
since 1972.  She may make a daily driver yet.
Again thanks to Art and Chris and to all the list.
Tom Fansher
61 TR3A TS76120L
62 CT7966LO