SPIT OD

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SPIT OD
From: autoxr@zebra.net (Erik Bjorkner)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:52:24 -0600
Hello,

I am working on a friends SPIT with OD.  The owner wants to find out why it is
nonfunctional...  Once I get all the wiring straightened out I was planning on
installing new OD filter and change the fluid.  My question is.. in the TRIUMPH
1500 book.. it states the OD uses the same 80-90 gear oil as the gearbox .. I
know from past experiences with Volvos and a Corvette too that the OD uses
automatic trans fluid... what gives with this book info?  Does the SPIT have
lub communication between the OD and the gearbox?

Thanks for your help.

Erik