GT6 Chassis and Spit Body

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Chassis and Spit Body
From: Chris Oliver <coliver@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 21:40:06 -0500
Hi Brian, my spit 6 is built on a 70 GT6+ chassis with a square
tailbody.  As far as I can tell, it bolted right up.  Mine has the GT6+
bonnet.  My body has holes for the rear frame extensions, but they are
plugged with rubber plugs.  I dont know if this makes a difference, but
around 76 the spit changed brake master cyclenders, so you might have a
clearence problem if you use an old style one, and also if you use the
rotoflex rear end, you not only will have to reinforce the inboard
holes, but also weld shock mounts to the inner fender.  Good luck, Chris