Re: Head stud rusted into head on TR6

To: "Jeff Nathanson" <jeffn@msystech.com>, <rdowty@iso.net>
Subject: Re: Head stud rusted into head on TR6
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:21:06 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Have you tried a thread on style of stud puller vs. the cam lock style? The
unit has a threaded/slotted collar, which is threaded onto the stud. The you
tighten the outside sleeve (which looks like a deep socket) around the
collar. The threads on the collar grip the stud, causing no damage, and
allowing removal. The 3" pipe may still be required!

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net