73 GT6 for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 73 GT6 for sale
From: JJ40@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 12:23:19 EST
Any interest in this?
Here's a rundown of the car:
--Originally yellow, previous owner painted white.
--The exhaust is about one year old and clean from front to back.
--Gas tank was entirely refurbished and should never need replacement.
-- The drivers side quarter panel needs replacement; front passenger side
floor, though safe, has a hole that needs attention.) There are other minor
spots on the body that could use attention, but nothing I'd call major.
-- The front window seal needs replacement; in a heavy rain, it leaks. Over
the years previous owner(s) did some caulking along the top line, and I
believe there's some rust under it. Whether it would make the seal a problem
to replace, I don't know. The rear window seal is not bad, but shows its age.
--While the car runs fine, the dual carbs need tuning for top performance.
--I'd suggest changing the tie-rod ends. I have new ones but haven't gotten
around to changing them. They come with the car, along with all the other
stuff I've collected over the years -- extra lights, a pair of seats with
mounts and new covers and padding, boxes of gauges, most of a wiring harness
(comes in handy for odd connectors and stuff), new shocks in boxes, and
various bits of hardware and chrome and I think even a spare alternator.
--Some very slow brake fluid leakage, nothing that impairs functioning but
needs topping off every few weeks or months.
--There's a few electrical quirks, most of which I suspect boil down to a need
to probably clean a little here, replace a little there. The horn has a short
or a contact problem that made it periodically go off without warning, so it's
been bypassed to a switch under the dashboard. A little awkward but passed
inspection. But all the essentials (brakes, headlights, hi-beams, dash lights,
reverse, etc) work.
--Seats are old but okay, and as I mentioned, there are two extras in
excellent shape.
--Wood dash has some wear and would do well with a stripping and refinishing.
--I have a carpet set from my old Spitfire that would do most of the interior
except the hatchback part.
--Most interior panels except the door panels, and the headliner, need
replacement.
--I can't vouch for the mileage, since the odometer was always cranky and
finally stopped at 89,999. My best guess, assuming it was reasonably accurate
until it stopped last year, is that the car has around 100,000 to 110,000
miles on it.

Asking $2,000, but will consider offers. Car is in Albany, NY. E-mail me if
interested at JJ40@aol.com