Re: How big a job is it to replace seat foam?

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Subject: Re: How big a job is it to replace seat foam?
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 11:30:46 -0500
Cc: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6packlist@mfasco.com'" <6packlist@mfasco.com>
If the TR6 seats are like GT6 and Spit I have found that only the chopped
foam falls apart.  Every seat that I have taken apart (4 sets so far) have
good foam except for the chopped part.  I fixed one set by removing the
cover and sculpting new solid foam to replace the chopped stuff and putting
the cover back on.  Since then I have found that I can suck out the chopped
stuff with my shop vac, make new foams and stuff them in.  I use some form
of spray contact cement (3M) to glue the cover to the new foam to restore
the shape and appearance.   All the work done from the bottom without
disturbing the covers.  Total cost for 4 sets of seats, $20 for foam plus
$9 for spray glue.  Sort of like those operations where they take out your
gall bladder through your navel.

Sam